May 23, 2013

Texas thus far.

Let's not beat around the bush.... TEXAS SUCKS! The humidity is KILLING me, the scenery sucks, and the storms scare the living hell out of you! You might just think i'm negative about it but I really don't think I am. This state is AWFUL! I remember always thinking "oh how I can't wait to move out of Utah, I hate the cold." Yeah no, you will NEVER hear me complain about Utah again. I want my GORGEOUS mountains back, I want the cool mountain breeze back, and I want to go hiking and see water falls and gorgeous flowers! The only thing you can see in the distance around you is water towers.... not so gorgeous. Lol.
In the month that we have been here we have had 2 Tornado warnings. One was not so bad but the one we had a couple of days ago scared all of  us. All the Vivint wives thought for sure that we were going to have to grab kids and run to the basement. SUPER scary stuff. I hope and pray that we don't have to experience one while we are here.
As far as actually being out here, I am loving it. Sure I miss family (Like A LOT!) BUT my relationship with my husband has grown so much stronger. I honestly feel that we have both grown so much having to leave everything we cherish and love back in Utah and come out to Texas and start fresh. I am grateful that we chose to do this this summer because it has already taught us so much.
So... as you drive out here every block or so you see a church or two, and I have been telling Reed I am going crazy because I have yet to see an LDS church building. Well Ya'all a month into our journey we found one! It was the most beautiful thing I have seen since I have been out here. It honestly put a smile on my face! Now we just need to work on getting there on Sundays and everything will be great! So Reed works with a bunch of guys who are not LDS, and know nothing about being a latter day saint. But as they have been teasing Reed and Reed teasing back they have learned A LOT about our religion. Some things not so true.... like we can only make love in missionary position so that our children will grow up to be missionaries...... LOL, now this is only funny because 2-3 of the guys he works with believe him. But man, some of the questions that are asked about why we follow what the prophet says shock me. It is a WHOLE other world outside of Utah, and I don't like it AT ALL. I am so out of my comfort zone. ANYHOW, I cannot wait to get back to Utah in September!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good times! I'm glad you're experiencing new things and gaining knowledge of the "Real" world. ;)